Steven Ezra is our big guy with a body that can do anything. He can bend himself in half or drop into a split; he can press the girls up with one hand and keep smiling. He’s got Mediterranean good looks, mad skills and the disposition of a puppy. He often plays a tall dark stranger or the romantic lead. Anyone can be tall and dark in shadow but Steven does it particularly well. He has a serious background in Ballet but can do so much more. He has toured the world as a star of the dance company, Momix and we are lucky to have him working with us at Catapult.
- When I was thirteen I used to sell baseball cards at a mall vendor across the way from a jewelry shop where my grandmother worked.
- While promoting a show in Tokyo, Japan, we were dancing a piece outdoors when it began to rain! We weren't performing on this trip just advertising and we did by falling all over the place on a wet floor. It was quite a strange experience!
- I have two humiliating moments! The first was my very first solo I performed when I was nine years old. I forgot all the choreography, stared at the audience, then ran offstage. The second, was when I was very seasoned. I was performing a solo on a table in Parma, Italy in front of at least two thousand people. I wanted to try a new trick but I didn't work well and I fell on my back. It was most humiliating hearing over two thousand people go "Ohhhhhh..........". I finished the piece with as much dignity I had and did a different trick from then on.
- The most dangerous performance job I did was for an industrial show. The stage was small and raised four feet off the ground. The piece I was performing required me to wear skis. It was most unnerving when I had to jump up to the tips of my skis (which raised me at least another four feet) with an eight foot drop in front and beside me!
- The most terrifying moment in my life was when I learned that my father had passed away. I was nineteen years old at the time.
- I don't have one specific amazing moment, it's more a collection of amazing experiences when I look back on my life. When I look back and I see I had accomplished exactly what I always wanted, which was to travel the world and dance, I feel amazed, and of course, becoming a contestant on America's Got Talent has definitely been amazing!
- I rotate physical activities between taking dance classes, going to the gym, and cycling.
- I generally keep a balanced diet, too much of anything isn't good. Definitely lots of fruits and veggies and cooking at home will help keep overeating to a minimal.
- My guilty pleasure is red wine with cheese and crackers.
- My favorite recipe is just a simple combination of a cooked meat (like fish or chicken - I try to stay away from red meats) with a grain (like rice or quinoa), and a vegetable (sautéed spinach, mashed sweet potato, asparagus, etc) Though, one of my favorite cuisines is Italian!
- There's no secret to staying thin! Just eat a balanced diet, don't drink too much alcohol, don't eat too late in the night, and exercise regularly.